Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 30 19/04/2011

FAREWELL

The end of 30 days, I feel better and I feel proud of myself. This has been hard for me but rewarding at the same time.

I hope that you learnt something and your eyes opened to what I hide.

I want to say thank you to my family and friends for who helped me get to where I am.

Thank you to my mum, for making me strong. For fighting for me and never giving up.
Thank you to my dad, for being there when I wake and for kissing me goodnight.
Thank you to Em, Joe, Patch and Cameron for making me laugh and making everything normal.
Thank you to Kieran & Caroline for being my soulmates, knowing when to trust and when to go crazy.
Thank you to Anita, for never letting me go to far.
Thank you to the rest of my family, for the moments of perfection that you have given me.
Thank you to the doctors, nurses and medical staff who have believed in my enough to give me my life.
Thank you to Ann and Elisa for always listening to me and believing in me.
Thank you to my teachers and friends at CIT, these photos would not be possible without you.
Thank you for letting me open my life to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy!

    I came across your blog in an article in The Age from October 4th. I'm an IB art student from Melbourne and I am currently on holidays in Indonesia, and I was looking for an article to write up in my IWB (equivalent to a visual diary of sorts) and The Age directed me to this blog.

    I am extremely moved by your story. I suffer from a number of depressive mental illnesses and your story gave me so much hope. The fact that someone like you has the ability to laugh and smile when times are constantly tough really touched me. I'm so proud of you for doing this!!

    If you don't mind, I would love to include your story in my IWB. Your work is extremely inspiring for me and you have given me a new, positive perspective in which to see the world, and so much hope in general for humanity.

    I will be sure to give you full credit for photos and quotes, and if there is anything that you wish for me not to include in my IWB feel free to let me know.

    Thank you again for your amazing story,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete